The Cliffordstudio Foundation strives to make nice and clean studios available for everyone, in order to create a good working atmosphere. Since many people use the building and Cliffordstudio only has a small staff, we ask you kindly to follow these rules:
In every studio and in various places in the building there is an excerpt from the House Rules available with regard to the use of these spaces. Every user is obliged to inform himself of these rules and act accordingly.
The management is located in the Cliffordstudio offices on the first floor – phone number +3120-6828509 – and coordinated by Nienke Berghuis. Marc Note is the caretaker of the building. Together they supervise the enforcement of the regulations.
Questions and complaints
You can contact us by phone on workdays between 10.00 and 15.00, leave a message or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone / facilities
- Mobile phones usage is only permitted in the hall downstairs. Please talk gently: phone calls at full strength will be heard in the Grote Studio (also see Noise pollution)
- Use of the computer (limited), telephone, copy machine and printer in the Cliffordstudio office are possible for a fee.
Fire or other dangerous situations
- Renter is responsible to be informed on how to act in case of calamities such as fire.
- After a dangerous situation occurs, users must inform the office as soon as possible (Mon-Fri 10.00-15.00) and/or call the emergency number 112.
- Everyone must leave the building as quickly as possible.
- Maps of the escape routes and evacuation alarms are located at the front door and on both floors near the stairs.
- Fire extinguishers are hanging in the Grote Studio downstairs, at the top of the stairs on the right and halfway down the corridor on the first floor.
- Extinguishing blanket can be found in the Grote Studio.
- Fire hoses are hanging on both floors behind the swinging doors at the left.
- In case of an emergency, first press the evacuation alarm and make sure that everyone leaves the building as quickly as possible.
- The front door must remain closed, in case of loading or unloading there must be supervision at the door. Do not let unknown people enter! Visitors should ring the doorbell.
- If the shutters are still down, please wait in the hall or outside: this means that the alarm system is still activated. One of our employees will come to open the shutters in time. During the weekend this will not be earlier than the starting time of your reservation! On workdays not before 9.00. In the unlikely event that nobody shows up: see Calamities.
- The front door must be locked after 17.00 and during the entire weekend, also on the inside.
- In case of calamities and nobody is present at the Cliffordstudio office, an employee lives close: Jacob Catskade 32-1
- If this person is not at home, you may call the emergency number: +31 6 45012593
- Emergency number should only be used in the rare situation you are standing in front of a closed shutter and have a reservation.
Bikes must be parked outside. Bicycles that are parked inside will be put on the street without a warning.
First aid boxes are present in the Cliffordstudio office, in the kitchen on the ground floor and in the Large Studio. If something is missing, please let us know.
It is illegal to smoke inside this building! Smoking is allowed under the roof in the garden (please deposit your cigarettes in the ashtray) DO NOT SMOKE AT THE FRONT DOOR: THIS WILL DISTURB OUR NEIGHBORS AND INCREASES THE RISK OF INTRUDERS!
- The dressing room downstairs can be used by all studio users! The lock on the dressing room door may only be used during performances.
- Do not enter the Grote Studio with street shoes. “Slippers” to cover the shoes can be found in the dressing room on the ground floor.
- The stand in the large studio may not be pulled out!
- As soon as it gets dark, close curtains to avoid light pollution for our neighbors.
- When leaving the studio, please turn the heater off (on the star), unless there is a label that says: ‘radiator aanlaten’ which means ‘leave the radiator on’
- When you leave, close the windows and turn off the sound system and lights in the studio.
- Do not leave anything behind in the studio or dressing room.
- In the evenings and during weekend: the last one that leaves the building has to turn off all the lights.
- Noisiness of the building allows live and amplified music only in exceptional situations with the permission of management.
- In case another studio user is too loud, first try to get in touch with the user yourself. If this doesn’t work, please contact the Cliffordstudio office. Also pay attention to your own volume!
- Please note that the use of mobile phones can also cause noise pollution to other studio users.
- When working on Sundays and after 22.00, please pay extra attention to our neighbors.
- Take in consideration the other studio users and our neighbors when leaving Cliffordstudio. Don’t slam the front door, but hold it while closing.
Assuming every user will find a clean studio to work in, when leaving the space everyone is expected to sweep the floor and clean the table. We provide:
- a wiper with fleece wipes (‘swiffer’), only wiping with a clean cloth does the trick! (change the wipe after using it for the next tenant), dustpan and tin, dish cloth and garbage can;
- if you need to mop, there is a bucket and mop in the dressing room available on the ground floor which is free to use;
- cleaning products can be found in the sink cabinet in the kitchen and in the dressing room, both on the ground floor.
If you don’t get a clean studio when your rental starts: follow procedure under Questions and complaints.
- If something is broken or missing in the (cleaning) inventory, please let us know on the sign next to the Cliffordstudio office.
- If you use chairs from the corridor, please return them to the exact same spot afterwards. Round tables are only allowed to use in the foyer and may not be moved.
- If we don´t find the studios cleaned as agreed in the Domestic Rules, we will charge € 35.00 (excluding VAT) extra for the cleaning.
Damage caused by the tenant, to the building or inventory, is at the expense of the tenant. Damage must be reported immediately to the Clifford Studio.
(hallways, kitchen and garden):
- Public areas may not be used for rehearsal, storage, decor workshop or meetings, unless discussed and approved by management.
- The kitchen downstairs can be used by everyone. After usage:
- Wash dishes, dry them and clean them up.
- Contact the Cliffordstudio office in case of any damage.
- Coffee, tea, etc. may be left behind, at your own risk, in an appropriate box in the cabinets. Boxes can be obtained at the Cliffordstudio office during work hours.
- Anything left outside of this box is for common use. If you leave items in the fridge, please mark them with name and date.
The following areas can be used for having a break, drinking coffee, etc.:
- Grote Studio: first part of the hall.
- Kleine Studio and Production Studio: the niche at the end of the hall. Check availability with staff if the Clifford studio is in use.
- Huiskamer: around the kitchen.
Conversations in the kitchen will disturb users of the Huiskamer. Please check the weekly schedule if someone is working in there when you want to take a break.
We wish you all a great and creative time at the Cliffordstudio and thank you for your cooperation.